We believe that the accountability and social factor of our small group classes are an awesome opportunity to supplement independent home program efforts and help clients reach new potential ...join us for positive group energy, an opportunity to ask Qs and learn, and for fun!
2018 Class Schedule:
Ms Fit Therapy® - Scroll to bottom for full program description
Ms Fit Therapy® - Multi-Level
8wk sessions: Sep 27 - Nov 15
Pre-requisites: Completion of a MFT I class series - or - recommendation by your Physical Therapist - or - approval by class instructor
- Activating the respiratory diaphragm during dynamic activities
- Challenging proprioception/motor control
- Strengthening & lengthening upper & lower core stabilizers
- Mobilizing back, hips, & shoulders NEW content!
Where: 1st flr multi-purpose rm 6300 Enterprise Ln Madison, WI 53719
Cost*: $188/all 8 classes in a session or $25 drop in/single class
Bring: yoga mat, small towel, water bottle
Instructor: J. Klestinski (sub instructor teaching on 11/8)
*check/cash preferred; payment due before/at first class
Email: J. Klestinski at firstname.lastname@example.org with Qs on whether this class is a good fit for you!
Youth Speed & Strength Class
Thank You to all who joined us this summer! Good luck with fall activities and back to school!
What is Ms Fit Therapy®?
Pelvic support issues, such as poor bladder control, affect 25% of all adults (NIH 2007) and 30-80% of female athletes of all ages - high school through masters (Goldstick/Constantini 2012). Young male military veterans and endurance athletes are also at risk. The faster the runner and the higher the jumper, the greater the chance of experiencing this often embarrassing issue. Years of exposure to high impact/high intensity sports, asthma/allergies, and multiple pregnancies also increase the odds of pelvic support dysfunction.
Research states that up to 40% of those participating in common core exercise programs are NOT activating the pelvic floor muscles effectively enough to prevent and/or treat common dysfunctions! (Bo 2004)
Research based, created, and taught by CoreActive's owner, Ms Fit Therapy® (MFT®) is a comprehensive core stabilization + pelvic floor muscle training program that focuses on small class size and expert instruction. Ms Fit Therapy® exists in order to educate on the three key elements for proper pelvic floor and deep core muscle activation: breath, alignment, and graded activation. Classes focus on enhancing the brain-body connection to prevent lumbopelvic dysfunction and act as an excellent supplement to a current Physical Therapy home exercise program (HEP).
Whether you’re a sometimes back pain sufferer looking to improve stability, a long-time athlete striving to improve performance, or you know (or think!) you are experiencing any of the embarrassing problems mentioned above - this core and pelvic floor interval program is for you! Improve confidence, function, and posture in a fun and educational setting.
- Classes are generally presented in an eight week series and are progressive in nature (i.e. each week builds upon the previous)
- Classes are open to males & females ages 16yrs +
- MFT® is ideal for active individuals at risk for trunk/pelvis/hip weakness or instability, pelvic organ prolapse, or bladder/bowel control issues
- Beginner/Level I class is a great fit for those at least 6wks post-partum; classes are appropriate for participation during low-risk pregnancy
- See pre-requisites listed for Intermediate/Level II MFT class - call/email with any Qs.
- If you have never been seen before at CoreActive, then please plan to arrive 10min early to speak with instructor.
©2018 CoreActive Therapy, LLC. Content may not be reproduced without express written consent.