Frequently Asked Questions
What is CoreActive's current Health & Safety Policies/Procedures?
Taking a multitude of factors into consideration - including but not limited to CDC guidelines for healthcare, patient conditions (immunocompromised, pregnant/trying to conceive, etc), continuation of in-office hospital grade HEPA air purification & disinfection measures, vaccination status of staff (100%) and patient community (70%), and mental health awareness – the following procedures shall now apply:
- Small Group Exercises Classes:
- Offered outdoors June - Sept 2021
- Masks optional
- If ill: please stay home. We look forward to seeing you next class!
- In-Office Physical Therapy (& Essentrics® 1-on-1) Appointments:
- Masks are recommended, but not required for VACCINATED individuals**
- Note: If you have travelled outside the U.S. for work/pleasure in the last FIVE (5) days then mask is required regardless of vaccination status.
- Staff will continue to wear a mask during indoor close contact*** with patients/clients
- If ill: please stay home + contact us to reschedule with no penalty
- Upon arrival to parking lot: Do call (608-310-6708) AT FIVE (5) MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT to let us know of arrival. A staff member will meet you at main building entrance double doors. We ask for your assistance with staying on time as we will not be able to run over on appointment length.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer: still required prior to each appointment
- Operational definitions:
- ** If you have not yet been vaccinated but do have a personal history of confirmed positive COVID-19 test and/or confirmed positive COVID-19 antibody test then call us with Qs. In this instance, recommended vs required mask wear will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- *** Close indoor contact defined as within 3-6 feet
- Masks are recommended, but not required for VACCINATED individuals**
Is CoreActive providing in-person or virtual apppointments during the pandemic?
-- BOTH. We are seeing patients for in-person AND virtual Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment. We have been operating since June 2020 and have mitigated risk by utilizing hospital grade HEPA air filters and PPE, spacing out appointments, disinfecting with EPA approvided for COVID-19 products, and employing patient/staff screening. As of early February 2021 our CoreActive team has 100% completed vaccination against COVID-19. When scheduling, patients receive updated appointment logistics instructions plus usual intake forms. The bottomline is we appreciate CoreActive's leading culture of honest communication and expectations regarding risk mitigation. It is important to our Physical Therapist to continue to provide high level care at a location and via means that work best for each patient's comfort level. We believe strongly in the value of regular human connection - for many individuals Physical Therapy appointments play a key role not only in treatment but in preventive health and overall wellness. CoreActive staff look forward to the day when vaccinations for all/most are the norm - in fact, as of May 2021 70% of our patients are fully vaccinated. On any given day we treat front-line healthcare workers, first responders, farmers, executives, new moms, runners, and 'experienced' adults with joint and gait issues, middle aged adults, teens with acute and long-standing orthopedic challenges, and high school, collegiate, and professional through recreational athletes.
Why would I choose CoreActive for my Physical Therapy needs?
-- Individualized experience, getting to the root cause, and providing comprehensive and expert level Physical Therapy care in the specialty areas of pelvic health, advanced orthopedics, and sports medicine is our passion. Our goal is to lead the Madison area in Physical Therapy "work rate": evaluation by Board Certified Clinical Specialists, extensive hands-on and skilled manual therapy, and education on community resources, home care, products, and tools to expedite healing. We 'get' new parents, individual and multi-sport athletes, and the effort required to get and stay healthy because we've been there, we treat these patients every day, and we keep our skills and research knowledge base current. We offer in house Essentrics™ 1-on-1 training to further facilitate and enhance the journey from rehab to long term and comprehensive fitness. When you choose CoreActive you are actively supporting our charitable giving mission.
What services do you provide?
-- We provide:
- Orthopedic, Sports, and Pelvic Physical Therapy evaluations
- Strength & Conditioning programs
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) assessment
- Small group fitness classes
- Sport specific programs - small group & individual
- Essentrics™ classes & 1-on-1 sessions
- Run form analysis & return to running programs
- Rehab bike fitting (road, recreational & TT bikes)
- Telehealth consultations (WI residents)
- Manual Therapy including
- Soft tissue mobilization (strain-counterstrain, myofascial, muscle sponging)
- FMT (Functional Manual Therapy for specific 3D fascial tissue mobility)
- Joint mobilization
- TDN (Trigger Point Dry Needling) Note: this is not acupuncture but rather focused, localized muscle/fascia remodeling
- Visceral manipulation (post-surgical, post trauma, fertility support)
- Taping (kinesiotaping, strapping/McConnell, Rocktape)
- Bracing (pregnancy/post-partum, pelvic organ support, joint sprain)
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Posture & Body Mechanics training utilizing multiple hands on disciplines
- Coordination/Motor Control
- Lumbopelvic stabilization
- Comprehensive shoulder & lower body proprioception training
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Strength & Conditioning for all ages
- Dynamic flexibility & Range of Motion
- Osteoporosis management & prevention programs
- Diastasis Recti Abdominus screening & rehab
- EMG Biofeedback for pelvic muscle re-education
- Electrical stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field (PEMF) therapy (BEMER)
Your mission says you treat women, runners, and triathletes. Do you work with men?
-- YES! We provide Physical Therapy and fitness programs for males of all ages. A wise pelvic health colleague often says, "men have pelvises too". It's true. Our wheelhouse treatment areas of the pelvis, SIJoints, hips, spine, and lower body can be a challenge to both women and men. We work with young (pre-teens/teens) through peri-/post-menopausal women and senior men on the gamut of unique gender specific health issues via comprehensive evaluation, treatment and prevention perspectives.
Do you accept insurance? What form(s) of payment do you accept?
-- CoreActive is a 100% private pay practice. We do not accept any insurance nor do we submit superbills to any third parties. Physical Therapists are Direct Access healthcare & wellness experts in neuromusculoskeletal issues. CoreActive's business model centers on:
- truth in pricing
- maximizing time with each client
- pricing commesurate with advanced certifications/training & clinical expertise
- advocating for fair pay
-- Cash/check is preferred. However, credit cards, flex spending account cards, and Health Savings Account (HSA) cards are accepted. Many of our clients submit paid receipts to their Flex Spending Accounts for full, and some submit receipts to their insurance company for partial, reimbursement after their appointment(s).
Do I need a referral to start Physical Therapy at CoreActive?
-- Wisconsin is a Direct Access state; a referral from a doctor or other healthcare provider is not required to see a Physical Therapist. Improved access to care and cost savings have been shown in research to be positively impacted by Direct Access to Physical Therapy services. Note: If you have given birth in the last six weeks, recently had surgery or a fracture, or have a newer 'major' medical illness (for example: heart attack, cancer, or stroke) we may ask you to provide proof of medical clearance for participation in Physical Therapy.
How flexible are you with appointment times around my schedule?
-- CoreActive now offers Tuesday - Thursday office hours for Physical Therapy. With enough notice, we are happy to provide early A.M. Physical Therapy appointments to 'make it work' with your schedule. As passionate professionals with active families ourselves, we understand the shuffling it takes to 'make it work'.
What other services do you provide? Classes?
-- CoreActive offers several small group training classes and seminars throughout the year.
-- Our small group classes are an awesome supplement to a Home Exercise Program - they reinforce key concepts and provide "positive peer pressure/group think" in the areas of pelvic health, core stabilization, motor control/breathing, posture and fascial mobility. Occasionally we run youth programs as well. Call/email with Qs or check out our Classes page for details.
How do I know if CoreActive is a good fit for me?
-- Check out our provider bios, browse our website, and go with your gut: if you feel ready and motivated (or close to it but not sure where to turn!) or are looking for a fresh perspective or skill set then we'd love to work with you! If you have any Qs not addressed here feel free to call 608-310-6708.
How do I make an appointment? How long is an average appointment?
-- To schedule an initial appointment please email our office assistant at: email@example.com.
-- Physical Therapy initial evaluations generally last 60-80min and follow up appointments range from 30-70min. We do offer a 4package rate for 50min appointments. Call/email for current pricing.
Do I actually need a full Physical Therapy evaluation? I know what I want treated.
-- If you have never been seen before at CoreActive OR you have not been seen at CoreActive for three months or more then YES you will need a full initial evaluation before starting (or restarting) Therapy. As Direct Access providers, Physical Therapists are required to perform a complete systems screening and document health status at each evaluation. Best practice in the industry for safety, wellness and prevention requires it. If you are unsure whether to schedule an evaluation or follow up appointment, then email our scheduler/office assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
How many visits will it take for me to get better/meet my goals?
-- Every Physical Therapy patient and each issue is unique. With that in mind, we strive for a balanced approach noticing the severity/duration of the condition, current relative research when available, our experience as clinicians, each patient's goal(s), and our exam findings/assessment. We can provide conservative as well as assertive estimates on healing time, return to function, or time to increased tissue resilience in the case of preventive goals. We aim to be flexible providing everything from 1x consults, to traditional rehab, to short course tune ups with progression into a small group training classes, to long term strength & conditioning programs and individualized Essentrics™ sessions.
© CoreActive Therapy LLC 2021