Seminars & Events
"Running technique & key strengthening exercises to keep athletes healthy - a Physical Therapist's perspective"
WHEN: Sunday, Jan 14 2018
WHO: CoreActive partnering with Madison Multisport triathlon coaching
A huge Thank You to Kim Krueger and Lioness-Fitness for hosting and video recording CoreActive's interactive seminar "Harnessing the Core" on Sat July 8!
Check out the video above which is a fast yet thorough review of Diastasis Recti Abdominus considerations for the pre-/post-partum athlete presented by Jennifer Klestinski, a board certified women's health and orthopedic clinical specialist.
- What diastasis recti abdominus (DRA) is and what it means.
- How to truly activate deep core stabilizing muscles (read: key for bladder control, minimizing ‘the pouch’, & better sex) through the breath, and coordinated pelvic floor and abdominal muscle activation.
- What a women’s health/pelvic health Physical Therapy evaluation involves and how it can expedite core/hip girdle coordination in new moms, group fitness enthusiasts, and competitive athletes alike.
April 5, 2017:
Girl Scout Troop 7407 had fun learning "What is a Physical Therapist?" with J. Klestinski and E. Block.
Thank you to all who joined us on *Thursday January 19th* for "Beating the Blahs: Belly to Brain"seminar on Functional Medicine and Manual Physical Therapy.
Together we raised over $100 for Domestric Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) of Madison through donations at the event!
Speakers: Joanna Hutchins PA-C (of Ann E Stanger MD) & Jennifer Klestinski (physical therapist/founder at CoreActive Therapy). We were honored that Sheba M. from DAIS took time out of her week and joined us at the seminar!
Thank You to all who joined us for our community education event celebrating National Physical Therapy Month!
Title: Self Care Tips for "Desk Sitters to High Mileage Hitters"
WED Oct 26th at 7-8PM
Attendees enjoyed interactive discussions, demos, and Q&A with Jennifer Klestinski and Emily Block!
CoreActive Therapy owner Jennifer Klestinski is proud to support and collaborate with Exercise for Achievement and Tri4Schools again in 2016! In May, Jennifer will speak on pelvic health after pregnancy at Huckleberry & Persimmon, a small business geared towards bringing families with small children together for community & education.
THANK YOU to all who attended the Madison Runners Forum in April! 100% of the over $325 raised during the event was donated to Tri4Schools & Girls on the Run of Dane County! Special thanks to the following individuals and businesses who donated time and resources in order to make the evening possible - great work team!
- Lora & Jessica w/Fleet Feet Madison: "Looking & Feeling Good - Trends in Running"
- Jessi w/Active Body Dynamics:"Massage for Runners: The What, When, & How"
- Jenny w/CoreActive: "A PT's Perspective: Minimizing Overuse Injuries"
- Cindi w/Bannink Endurance Coaching: Dynamic Warm Up with Coach Cindi
- Liz with Isthmus Acupuncture: "Acupuncture for Runners"
- Delaney's Steak & Seafood
- New Self Renewal Center
THANK YOU to all those who joined us at Walk, Run, n Roll for Transverse Myeletis in DeForest, WI on sunny and crisp Oct 5 to celebrate National Physical Therapy Month! Participants raised $200 through CoreActive's team page. Plus CoreActive matched this amount for a grand total of $400 donated to this organization which supports patients and their caregivers as well as researchers working to learn more about rare neuro-immune disorders.
© 2017 CoreActive Therapy, LLC