Core Strengthening Programs
It is the goal at CoreActive to make sure you feel your best and stay that way. From patient and provider race resumes to a committment to scientific literature reviews and lifelong learning, you can count on the experience, expertise, and personalized service at CoreActive. Whether a one time consultation or ongoing care/training is your goal, CoreActive will provide you with the crucial link between specialty areas of sports, orthopedic and women's health physical therapy and the preventive health, fitness, and strength & conditioning realm.
Our Programs** at a Glance
- Run Form Analysis
- Rehab & Prevention for Sports Injuries
- Foot/ankle pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendon issues
- Shin splints <--> Bony stress reactions
- Knee & hip pain including ITBand syndrome & SIJoint dysfunction
- Shoulder screenings & Comprehensive Rehab
- Swimmers of all ages (improve power/catch, reduce 'elbow drop' in freestyle)
- Overhead athletes
- Power lifting & Cross Fit
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) for overuse injury prevention
- Strength & Conditioning
- Injury prevention for triathletes
- Coordination & efficiency training
- Joint/muscle pain relief for all ages
- Essentrics classes and 1-on-1 customized workouts
- Rehab Bike Fit
Return to Sport after Pregnancy & the Lactating Athlete
- Post-Cesarean Recovery & Return to Fitness
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction screening & prevention for high impact athletes (Private/one-on-one sessions and group exercise MFT classes)
- Modalities & Manual Therapy for Tissue Healing, Recovery & Performance Optimization
- Electrical Stimulation
- Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy (BEMER)
- Dry Needling
- Advanced Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Expert taping techniques
**Individual & four session follow up packages available. Call for current pricing.
- Cardiovascular health
- Lean body mass ratio
- Mental focus & more
- According to one review, 0.012% (12 in 100,000 athletes) of female soccer players will injure their ACL.
- 50% of soccer players experience bladder control issues (Jacome et al, Int'l J of Gyn OB, 2011) yet few if any will talk about it with family/friends/health care provider.
Pelvic physical therapy, such as the comprehensive program at CoreActive, is up to 85% effective and is the first line of treatment.
Prevention & education are key!
Current research indicates that participants in popular "core" focused exercise programs often do not adequately engage deep core muscle layers in a manner sufficient to treat/prevent bladder control issues. Learning to control the muscles that surround and elevate the bladder neck is essential.
Get "core wise" today and sign up for a Ms Fit Therapy core + "floor" class to engage correctly and get the most out of your favorite exercise regimen (e.g. P90-X, boot camp, pilates, ballet/barre classes, etc).
© CoreActive Therapy 2021